7 Things You Didn’t Know About Chimamanda Adichie
• Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was born to a middle-class Igbo family in Enugu. She discovered her gift, drove it with passion till she possessed an opulence in vocabulary that has made her a merchant in her own field.
• Chimamanda was born on the 15th day of September, 1977. The graceful veteran novelist has spent four successful decades on earth; still looking vibrant and ever-beautiful.
• Her tertiary education featured different top-notch institutions such as the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Drexel University and Yale University amongst other institutions all in her search for knowledge.
• Chimamanda is a family woman. A wife and mother. She is married to Ivara Esege and is blessed with one child. She is phenomenal not just in the public but also at home.
• Chimamanda is the daughter of the first female registrar of the University of Nigeria while her father was a professor of Statistics at the same university. She was born into a family of noble intellectuals.
• Her works ranging from novels to stories have been translated to over thirty languages and has appeared in various publications all over the world. This shows how sought-after her works are round the globe.
• Chimamanda’s valiance in writing has awarded her several awards like the Women’s Prize for Fiction and the National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction amongst others both nationally and internationally.
If you like this post (tap the heart icon), and please hit the subscribe button to get notified of new posts because there’s many more awaiting publishing.
Share, like and comment!